Make Your Next Direct Mail Campaign Go Viral!
With social media and video marketing when a campaign goes “viral” it is considered marketing nirvana. How is this possible with direct mail though considering the personal nature of the medium? This personal nature is one reason direct mail can be so effective. It is the only marketing channel that lets you so precisely target your audience and put something in their hand.
The keys to success in this medium are the same as ever: a good target list, good offer and relevant messaging. So how do you make a direct mail campaign go viral?
First consider this. There are more marketing channels available today than at any time in history. Use them to make your message shareable then make your message share worthy.
Incorporate as many relevant marketing mediums and channels into your campaign as possible:
On the mail piece you can include:
- Personalized variable print or images
- pURLs (Personalized URLs) a website that welcomes the responder by name and can include survey, contest entry or reply fields to gather more data
- QR CODE (2D bar codes that when scanned by a mobile device makes the experience interactive)
On the web response form include:
- Social media sharing (include links that allow recipients to share your offer with others)
- Video (post a video and link it to your web page for better engagement)
- A Survey form to capture more data and better qualify the prospect.
Be sure to capture other contact info like email and phone/cell number for lower cost future marketing efforts.
By using all relevant channels available you can increase the effectiveness and share-ability of your message and potentially create a viral campaign. Just remember to make your message resonate with the recipient.
Here is a helpful document if you are new to direct mail Direct Mail 101
Here is a great video that shows a new mail format and how it can include other channels Video
I am always glad to help marketers plan campaigns to maximize and measure results. Feel free to contact me as you consider your next marketing move.
Until next time!
To Your Success!